In the last few years, men and women everywhere have started investing in personal stylists and shoppers. The service used to be considered a novelty – something that only wealthy people could afford. But when it’s put into perspective, it’s an amazing investment. We spend hundreds of pounds every year on getting our hair done, having our homes cleaned, getting pedicures, and other lifestyle upkeep. Having a stylist visit your home for a wardrobe detox, style consultation or take you shopping should be just as common as these other investments, and here’s why:
Reasons to hire a Personal Stylist
- Stylists are well-informed on brands and merchandise quality. They are extremely well-versed in brands everywhere. We know the kinds of fabrics, cuts, hems, seams, and quality that comes out of each store, and we understand what each customer gets for his or her money. If you don’t like chiffon, or prefer slim-fit, or only want real leather, then we know exactly where to take you and can help you check off each item from your shopping list.
- Quicker shopping appointments. Not only do stylists know what clothes merchandise is where, but we also know where stores are located in multiple areas. If you prefer to avoid the high street, I can find you smaller more unique boutiques in other areas. I also offer by-the-hour appointments for busy parents and professionals, or if you just have an hour or two to shop on a Saturday afternoon between other appointments. Not a minute will be wasted with my professional and efficient service.
- Understand your body. Before your shopping appointment, I will sit down with you and get to know you. You will have already filled out a brief on your lifestyle, shape, size, and closet. I take this information and explain what it means for your shopping experience to come. And during the appointment, I will teach you how to shop for your body on your budget. It’s a priceless trade to learn, and will serve you for years to come.
- Make the most of what you already own. By booking a home wardrobe detox, I will come to your home and help you organize your wardrobe. I help you decide what fits, what needs to be tailored, what needs to be donated, and which items you still need in order to have a complete capsule wardrobe for any occasion. I will also help you create multiple, versatile looks with the clothes that you already own. You’ll go from having a few tops and skirts to having 10 new looks in a matter of hours! Getting more value from your existing clothes and saving you money,
- Get the most for your money. Because we understand quality that certain brands offer, we can help you understand how to invest in your clothing. Things like winter coats, denim, leather, and a good-quality heel are pieces that are important to invest in. Other trendy items like circle-frame sunnies, purple lipstick, crop tops, and fringed bags can be found in fast fashion stores for great deals. Sometimes men and women get overwhelmed when figuring out how to distribute their money over the course of a shopping day, but stylists are here to help you with a stress-free shopping experience and guide you in the right direction.
- A strong, trustworthy relationship with your stylist. You are my priority, the shopping day is all about you, and all stylists should treat it as such. While the goal of the day is to find items on your shopping list, your confidence and self-image come first. Mutual trust and respect with your stylist can really make the appointment special, because this time is invested in creating a better you. I am more than just a shopping partner, I’m your confidant, councillor and your supporter. My clients leave appointments feeling better than ever about themselves, which shows in how they present themselves. While there’s a style-over on the outside, there’s definitely a makeover on the inside, as well.
- Each piece you buy will be versatile. Styling is the key word here. A top, a dress, and even a pair of trousers rarely are ready-to-wear right off the rack, without a bit of manipulation. A stylist understands which shapes look good on different bodies, she looks for multiple ways to accessorize, and she sees pieces that will work in three, four, or more outfits before you’ve even paid for it. While some clients see only a plain blue blouse, our stylists see a blouse that can be belted, worn open, and a top that works for the office and for a night out. That’s what I want to help you see when you’re shopping for yourself. I want you to get the most for your money, so versatility and functionality are key with your purchases.
- Learn which colours are best for you. Wearing the correct colours can make you feel more energised and dramatically enhance your overall appearance. I can offer you a full colour analysis that anyone will benefit from. The colours you wear play against your skin, complexion, hair, and eyes. By dressing according to your unique colour palette, you can create a new look for yourself and enhance your already-beautiful features.
- Confidence boost. With all of these benefits, you can only feel better about yourself. I won’t only take you shopping, I will teach you as the appointment goes on so you can learn how to shop for yourself in the future. You will learn about colouring, styling, your own body shape, how to invest, and in turn, your morale will soar. This affects your home life, how to act in the work place, and even your personal relationships. Your style-over is the first step towards this newfound confidence.
- Long-term investment. The time and money you invest in these appointments are really an investment in your day-to-day lifestyle. It’s not only the way you dress and accessorise; it’s the way you appear to others and interact with them as well. If you invest in me, I promise to invest in you.
My styling packages range anywhere from an Image Consultation to a full day shopping trip or a makeup lesson and more. If you would like to see a full list of services, you can look at my website or facebook page. The services I offer are for anyone -whatever your location, age or budget. I believe that feeling confident about your own personal style and body image is an absolute necessity regardless of your budget or lifestyle. Now is the time to invest in yourself.